What is Uncivilized Vitality?
Uncivilized Vitality ™ is a program of Health & Happiness Optimization in which lifestyle changes are made, mimicking certain aspects of pre-civilized hunter-gatherers, allowing us to achieve the ancient state of Eudiamonia: a life that is serene, joyful and enthusiastic. The basic premise is simple: many aspects of civilization have been terrible for our health and well-being. Diseases of civilization are on the rise. (Obesity, anxiety, depression, cancers, heart attack, strokes, diabetes, etc.) Being too civilized is killing us! Our program shows you how becoming more Uncivilized can improve your way of life.
What we offer
- Guided Fieldcraft Overnights
- Day Camps and Workshops
- Corporate Team Building
- Certification Courses
- Presentations and Lectures
- Scheduled Chapter Meetings
Who is UV for?
- Uncivilized Vitality is for anybody willing to better their Health & Happiness. People of all ages and experience levels can derive tremendous benefit from the UV program by implementing even part of the of the lifestyle practices.
- Not a big fan of camping? No biggie, come to one of our regularly schedule presentations or grab our Handbook to try these practices at home.
- Want to dive right in and try it all? Come to one of our weekend Campaigns and learn how it all comes together. Each one of our Campaigns is assigned a level of convenience that matches with your current comfort level. From pop-up campers to nothing but a sharp knife and handkerchief, we have something that will challenge you to develop your Capability, Adaptability, and Durability
UV program outline
- In it’s simplest form, Uncivilized Vitality can be described as Health & Happiness Optimization. You can practice any of the 3 main categories individually but the synergy of all 3 will undoubtedly bring about the greatest levels of Vitality.
Dr. Jon D. Morey
- Dr. Jon D. Morey is the founder and author of the Uncivilized Vitality method of Health & Happiness Optimization and the Founder/Director of the Uncivilized Living Foundation, Inc.
- He is a Chiropractic Physician and Anatomy Professor at the University of Michigan-Flint, holds advanced degrees in Human Biology and Anthropology, with undergraduate studies in the social sciences.
- He earned his 5th degree black belt in Korean Hapkido in 2003 after studying at the Kolgulsa Buddhist temple in South Korea and earning the Dharma name of SanJeok (“Tranquil Mountain”).
- Dr. Morey has Asperger’s Syndrome and has always found Ataraxia in the great outdoors. His other “special interests” (i.e. obsessions) are reading, the human body, and spending time with his wife, Kerry Ann, and his four amazing sons.
- Amongst the Uncivilized Nation he is known as Bizaan Wajiw (Still Mountain), the Uncivilized Doctor.
- Logan showed up one day to an event Dr. Morey was holding one afternoon in a local park back in 2016 and never really left. He is the hidden hand running social media, event scheduling, and all around Jack of all trades (master of none).
- Logan grew up playing, camping, and hunting in the out of doors and has worked with children leading extended backcountry trips. When not assisting the weekend Campaigns, you’ll find him building forts in the backyard with his two young sons and loving wife.
- The Uncivilized Nation is a network of affiliate chapters made up of individuals who follow the advice and practices of the Uncivilized Vitality program of Health & Happiness Optimization, in support of the Uncivilized Living Foundation, Inc. and as such are due certain rights and privileges and are bound by certain responsibilities and duties.
- Local Chapters of the Uncivilized Nation are set to meet regularly and allow the community to flourish. Members come together to learn about the Uncivilized Vitality program of health and happiness optimization through lectures, sharing, experience, activities, and the guidance of chapter leaders.
- These affiliate Chapters, membership and events, are the main source of support and revenue for the ULF, a non-profit entity with a mission to bring the value of Natural living to underserved communities and those in need.
Uncivilized Living Foundation
- It is our mission to provide underserved and populations in need with the unique benefits of outdoor experiences and the life lessons that come from living in Nature.
- Our goal is to provide Day Camps and Fieldcraft Overnights to children and adults with specials needs, who are differently abled, suffer from PTSD, and children from economically disadvantaged situations.
- All proceeds from UV go directly towards the ULF. You can further support our mission by donating today. Please follow the link below.
Get Involved in Uncivilized Vitality With These Upcoming Events
- Monthly Community Meetup
- TIME: 2nd Wednesday of every month
- LOCATION: 5115 Miller Rd, Flint, MI
- COST: Free to members and suggested minimum donation of $20 for guests
- Winter Hike Camp
- TIME: Friday, December 2nd – Sunday, December 4th
- LOCATION: Manistee River Trail, Marilla, MI
- COST: $35 for members and $50 for non-members
- Cabin Camp
- TIME: Friday, January 6th – Sunday, January 8th
- LOCATION: Rifle River Recreation Area, Lupton, MI
- COST: $50 for members and $75 for non-members
- February Camp
- Friday, February 10-12 (SAVE THE DATE)
- March Camp
- Friday, March 10-12 (SAVE THE DATE)
*NOTE* Any event not held in Flint, MI will include first-come, first-serve transportation
PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION– Call, text, or email Logan at (810) 252-3475 or email@example.com